- Chambers Ireland European Economic Survey 2018
Chambers Ireland, in conjunction with Eurochambres, has launched the European Economic Survey for 2018. This is the 25th edition of this annual Eurochambres assessment of the European business community’s expectations for the year ahead. The target audience of this survey is businesses and chamber members all around the country.
The survey will be open for just a few more weeks so we encourage all Chambers to share widely with member businesses.
The results of this survey will be used to help us to identify the main challenges for business in the coming year. This survey should take no more than 3-5 minutes to complete and the deadline for completion is the 29th September 2017. Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are required. If you have any questions about the survey, please email Chambers Ireland at email@example.com
- KPMG win the Outstanding Achievement in CSR Award 2017
KPMG was awarded the Outstanding Achievement in CSR at the 2017 Chambers Ireland CSR Awards. The fourteenth annual CSR Awards took place in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road on Thursday 7th September 2017. The full list of category award winners can be viewed at www.csrawards.ie
- Europe Direct Network – The EU Investment Plan: What’s in it for You?
Find out more at a Panel Debate this September. Representatives from the Chamber Network will participate in panel discussion in libraries across the country throughout September. See attached flyer for more information.
- Professor John O’Brennan, John Monnet Professor of European Integration at Maynooth University
- Dr. Mary Murphy, Senior Lecturer, Department of Government, University College Cork
- Representative from Local Chamber of Commerce / Chambers Ireland
o Emma Kerins, International Affairs Executive, Chambers Ireland:
o Niall Mulligan, Tullamore Chamber Representative
o Paddy Malone, Dundalk Chamber Representative
o Andrea Carroll, South Dublin Chamber Representative
12 September, Ballinasloe Library at 6.30pm
13 September, Tullamore Library, at 7.00pm
19 September, Dundalk Library at 6.30pm
26 September, Blanchardstown Library at 7.00pm
27 September, Boxworks, Waterford, at 6.00pm
28 September, Building Block, Bridge Street, Sligo at 7.00pm
- Transparency International Integrity at Work Conference, September 2017 (Chamber Member Discount)
Join Transparency International Ireland for the inaugural Integrity at Work Conference on Thursday, 28th September at the Radison Blu Hotel, Golden Lane, Dublin 8 from 8.30am to 5.00pm.
The Conference brings together employers, legal practitioners, academics and civil society to discuss how to foster a culture of integrity within the Irish workplace.
Morning Parallel Workshops: Through a series of parallel workshops, attendees will be presented with a unique opportunity to pose questions, learn from their peers and share experiences on issues such as whistleblowing legislation, procedures and the most effective ways to help staff to speak up safely. The workshops will take place from 11.45am – 13.00pm.
- Cathy James, OBE – Chief Executive, Public Concern at Work.
- Susheela Math – Managing Solicitor, Transparency Legal Advice Centre.
- Michelle Ní Longáin – Partner, ByrneWallace.
- Lauren Kierans, BL – Founder, Irish Whistleblowing Law Society.
- Dr Kate Kenny – Professor in Management, Queen’s University Belfast.
- Anna Myers – Director, Whistleblowers International Network.
- John Devitt – Chief Executive, Transparency International Ireland.
- Wendy Addison – Founder and CEO, SpeakOut SpeakUp Ltd.
- Philip Brennan – Founder and Managing Director, Raiseaconcern.
- Prof Niamh Brennan – Michael MacCormac, Professor of Management, UCD.
- Emmet Whelan – Partner, ByrneWallace.
- Niall Fitzgerald – Head of Ethics and Governance, Chartered Accountants Ireland.
- Lucas Kruettli – Attorney at Law, Roche Pharamceuticals
Full details on our speaker lineup are available here.
Chambers Ireland Members can avail of a 10% discount on conference tickets by quoting CHAMBERSIAW. Click here to book