|02,03,04, 10 and 11th Oct
|Duration :||5 Day Course|
|Start & Finish Time :||9.30am to 5pm|
|Trainer :||Anderlift Safety Services Ltd|
|Location :||Wexford Chamber of Commerce Boardroom, Hill St., Co. Wexford|
|€495.00 per person if you are a member of Wexford, Enniscorthy, New Ross or Gorey Chamber a 10% discount applies.
To book this course please contact Emma Larkin at email@example.com or by phone on 053 91 22226
QQ Level 6 (6N0233)
Manual Handling Instructor
6S0242 – QQI Award
This programme is designed to meet the QQI specification for candidates wishing to gain the QQI Level 6 Award for Manual Handling Instructor.
The 5 day programme is highly interactive, with a clear focus being placed on the analysis of practical manual handling techniques, risk assessment and the development of trainer skills.
The programme includes comprehensive information on:
- Legal Aspects relating to Manual Handling
- Delivery of a Practical Manual Handling lesson – covering Theoretical and Practical elements, using the Anderlift Presentation Model.
- Anatomy of the Spine, Work Physiology, Fitness and Flexibility, Biomechanics (Presented by Chartered Physiotherapist).
- Instructional Skills – to include student preperation and delivery of specified short presentations.
- Practical Lifting and moving of loads at different levels – Analysis of participant performance is a key factor of this module.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment and Ergonomics – This module focuses on the use of approved Risk Assessment templates to examine workplace manual handling activity. The module will also provide guidance on an important Risk Assessment Assignment that forms part of the overall course assessment.
Final Assessment includes:
- Student Presentations of Manual Handling Modules
- Written Test
- Practical Manual Handling Assessment
- Final Briefing on Course Assignment
- Course Discussion and Conclusion
Certification: Successful Candidates will receive the new Level 6 Award through the normal QQI submission process, subject to external authentication.