Network Manager – Job Description – County Wexford Chamber Skillnet
County Wexford Chamber Skillnet
The newly established County Wexford Chamber of Industry and Commerce was successful in its application for funding to Skillnets Ltd to establish the County Wexford Chamber Skillnet, an enterprise led training network. As a result the Wexford County Chamber Skillnet wish to recruit a full time network manager on a three year contract (2020-2022).
County Wexford Chamber Skillnet aims to support a culture of continuous learning in network member companies by providing tailor made training interventions that are enterprise led with network members inputting to the programme design, duration, and certification; as well as location and dates of delivery.
The network manager will ultimately be responsible for the day to day running of the training network. This is a full time position with an implementation and a developmental role. The following outlines some of the roles the network manager will assume:
- Implementing strategy, task and action points as arising from steering group meetings.
- Achieving contractual targets with Skillnets Ltd relating to budgets, network membership, training days and participants attending programmes.
- Ensuring that communication strategies and methodologies employed support an enterprise-led ethos.
- Coordinating steering group meetings and liaising with the chairperson to agree agendas, objectives and actions required before each meeting.
- Updating the steering group with regard to progress relating to the financial and training activity –
Reporting against agreed key performance indicators
Recruiting additional company members for the network as per targets with a view to creating a vibrant network, which will focus on developing a best practice philosophy in the provision of service and training local industry.
- Liaising, sourcing and negotiating with training providers and training facility providers.
- Scheduling and promoting training programmes to network members.
- Ongoing publicity and PR for the network
- Attending Skillnets Ltd. information briefings
- Directing and supervising the work of the project administrator.
The experience of the successful candidate would include the following:
- Proven project management experience
- Innate ability to manage budgets, forecasts and finance
- Marketing and sales experience
- Successful partnership activity
- A previous role in Education, Training & Development or HRM would be an advantage
The competencies of the success candidate would include:
- Excellent communication skills including IT skills
- Attention to detail and ability to complete projects
- Organisation skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Interpersonal skills
- Commitment to role of training and development in industry
Located in Wexford town, the successful candidate would report directly to the CEO of County Wexford Chamber of Industry and Commerce on a day to day basis along with the project steering group periodically.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Apply in writing with CV and contact details of current referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21/01/2020
Skillnets is funded through the National Training Fund and its stakeholders include leading employer and employee representative bodies such as Chambers Ireland, Irish Business and Employers Confederation (IBEC), the Construction Industry Federation (CIF), the Small Firms Association (SFA) and the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU).