- REMINDER* CSR Awards 2018 Application deadline Tuesday, 17th of April
The application deadline for the CSR Awards 2018 closes *TOMORROW*, on Tuesday, the 17th of April.
Spread the word through your newsletters, website and social media and encourage your members to promote their best practice in CSR by entering the CSR Awards 2018.
Our CSR Awards website www.csrawards.ie features lots of helpful information for applicants including:
- Category Descriptions 2018
- Terms and Conditions for entry
- CSR Awards FAQs
- Tips on writing a great application
Click HERE for further information.
- ELG Awards 2018 now open for Applications
The Excellence in Local Government Awards 2018 (ELG Awards 2018) are now open for applications!
The ELG Awards 2018 showcase best practice in local government and recognise the skills, hard work, innovation & enthusiasm within local government that can often go unrecognised.
Spread the word through your newsletters, website and social media and encourage your local county and city councils to submit their best practices for the awards.
Our website is now live with lots of helpful information for applicants including:
- ELG Awards 2018 Category Descriptions
- Terms and Conditions for entry to the ELG Awards 2018
Click HERE for further information.
- European Parliament of Enterprises 2018
The European Parliament of Enterprises (EPE), hosted by Eurochambres every two years, is scheduled to take place in the European Parliament in Brussels on Wednesday, the 10th of October 2018. More information on the event will be circulated in the coming months. If you have any questions about the event, please contact email@example.com.
- LGiU Briefing Series on Chambers Ireland Excellence in Local Government Awards Winners – ‘Sea Sessions Surf and Music Festival’
The Local Government Information Unit (LGiU) is publishing a series of briefings looking at the winners of the Chambers Ireland Excellence in Local Governance (ELG) Awards from 2017. The LGiU will showcase each of the best in practice projects that won at our Awards in 2017 over the coming weeks.
- CIArb Ireland – Upcoming Events and Training Courses
The Ireland branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, CIArb Ireland, will be holding several events and training courses in the near future.
- CIArb Ireland 2018 AGM, including lunch and an address by Minister Josepha Madigan. Friday 20th April, Dublin.
Tickets €50 and places limited to 75. Click here to register.
- 42nd CIArb ADR Forum: “Family Law Arbitration”. Monday 16th April, Dublin
Click here to register for this free event (starting at 18.00 this evening)
- 43rd CIArb ADR Forum: “CPO Arbitrations”. Thursday 10th May, Galway
Click here to register for this free event
- Project Dispute Avoidance Conference. Friday 11th May, Dublin
€185 for non-CIArb members. Click here to register
€135 for CIArb Members. Click here to register
- CIArb Accredited Mediation Course. 5-day training course + 1 day assessment, 8-10th and 15-17th May, Dublin
€3,100 for non-CIArb members. Click here to register
€2,790 for CIArb members. Click here to register
- 4-day Construction Conciliation Course. 14-16th May, Dublin. Assessment day to be finalised later.
€1,750 for non-CIArb members. Click here to register.
€1,500 for CIArb members. Click here to book.
- EPRS Newsletter
The latest edition of the European Parliamentary Research Service (EPRS) newsletter, developed in partnership between the EU institutions of the European Parliament and the European Economic and Social Committee, features a succinct summary of the main outcomes of the European Parliament plenary sessions for March 2018, an outlook on the challenges tied to the Post-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework, am overview of the state of play of EU legislation affecting citizens in areas including gender equality in the EU’s digital and media sectors, organic farming and updates on EU legislation on economic policies including the amendment of VAT rules on distance sales and much more.
- Eurochambres: Call for Proposals for EU-Turkey Chamber Partnerships
A new opportunity for Chamber cooperation between the EU and Turkey has been announced with the launch of a new Call for Proposals which will support up to 20 “Chamber Partnerships” (twinnings), with financing between €50,000 and €150,000.
The Call has been published by the Central Finance and Contracts Unit (CFCU) in Ankara, who will be managing these grant contracts. The Guidelines for the Call and can be downloaded here (choose “Grant Scheme TEBD”).
This Grant Scheme is part of a wider new programme titled, “Turkey EU Business Dialogue”, which will also include other activities
Eurochambres is also inviting interested applicants to an Information Session for the call, the date and location for which are the following:
Thursday 26 April, 9.30am – 12.30am
at TOBB Brussels Office, Avenue de l’Yser 5-6
For registration, please use this form: https://goo.gl/forms/VaKbYxQwmuiiIPHC3
You can join physically at TOBB premises, or online via the GoToMeeting platform, by following this link.
If you have any queries and for further information, please contact:
Dirk Vantyghem, Director of Operations, Eurochambres
+32 (0) 2 282 0878
- Invitation to EU Manufacturing Business Mission – Philippines, 9-13 July
The EU-Philippines Business Network would like to invite EU companies to the upcoming EU Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 Business Mission that will be held over the 9th to the 13th of July.
The business mission will:
- Inform EU companies of the advantages and opportunities in setting up their manufacturing, assembly and services facilities in the Philippines
- Outline the different investment incentives provided by the Philippine government for EU companies
- Visits to key Special Economic Zones in the CALABARZON, Cebu and Davao that are potential investment locations and sources of new business growth for EU companies,
- Meet and network with the relevant Philippine industry officials, stakeholders and potential partners.
EU companies to be invited for the business mission would include:
- Manufacturers and assemblers of industrial products, both semi-finished or finished goods;
- Food and beverage manufacturers;
- Processors of agricultural, fishery and forestry products;
- Companies with innovative technologies for the modernization of industries;
- Creative Industries / Knowledge-Based Service companies: animation, software development, game development, health information management systems, engineering design, and IT-BPM services;
- Aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services companies;
- Ship building, repair, servicing and breaking companies.
- Enterprise Ireland: Regional Enterprise Development Fund opportunity
Enterprise Ireland’s Regional Enterprise Development Fund will support major new collaborative and innovative initiatives by business that aim to improve enterprise development in a region, across regions or nationally, and will support the development of initiatives that help strengthen the regional ability to adjust and cope with the potential effects of international economic changes. The Scheme seeks to support Industry Clusters, which are defined as structures or organised groups of independent parties designed to stimulate innovative activity through promotion, sharing of facilities and exchange of knowledge and expertise and by contributing effectively to knowledge transfer, networking, information dissemination and collaboration among the undertakings and other organisations in the connectivity.
The overarching aim of this funding scheme is to drive enterprise development and job creation in each region throughout Ireland.
The Scheme has four streams:
- Stream one supports major regional, multi-regional or national sectoral initiative grants of €2m to €5m per project in funding towards capital and current costs
- Stream two will support significant county, regional or multi-regional sectoral and or enterprise initiative grants of €250k up to €2m per project in funding towards capital and current costs
- Stream three is for local and community enterprise projects, with grants of €50k to €250k per project in funding towards capital and current costs
- Stream four will support significant Industry Clustering initiatives with grants of €50k to €250k per project in funding towards current costs
For information on the Fund visit: https://bit.ly/2tPms6l
Application forms can be downloaded from the Enterprise Ireland website and must be submitted electronically in Word format to Enterprise Ireland at GA-REDF@enterprise-ireland.com before 3PM on Wednesday, 27th of June 2018.